The International Association of Buddhist Studies is pleased to be able to announce the provision of 15 student travel bursaries to (co-)finance attendance at the 19th Congress of the International Association of Buddhist Studies Seoul National University, Republic of Korea (August 16 to 21, 2020).
Each travel bursary will consist of a contribution of up to $1000 towards travel, conference registration fee and/or subsistence expenses while in Seoul.
The award is governed by the following eligibility criteria:
(1) Submission of evidence of enrolment in a PhD programme at the time of application.
(2) Submission of evidence of enrolment status: Full time.
(3) No additional admission confirmation letter is required.
(4) Submission of a letter of reference from PhD Supervisor
(5) Submission of abstract of paper to be delivered at the congress.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject header: “IABS Student Bursary Application”.
The call for applications opens on January 15, 2020 and ends on March 1, 2020. The award will be paid to the successful applicants in September 2020.